Unified Improvement Plan Meeting
The following is a note regarding the state-required Unified Improvement Plan:
Dear Loveland Classical Schools Parents,
Pursuant to the Education Accountability Act of 2009, all public schools in Colorado are required to develop unified improvement plans that outline targets for performance outcomes and strategies that the school will implement to achieve academic improvement. Based on results from the Colorado School Performance Framework, Loveland Classical Schools will be required to develop an improvement plan for the 2012-13 school year.
Loveland Classical Schools was assigned to this plan type based on their 2011-12 performance in the areas of academic growth in reading, writing, and math. Click to view the Loveland Classical Schools Performance Framework 2012 that describes how the school has been evaluated. The School Performance Framework is the school’s report card issued by the state of Colorado regarding academic achievement. An annotated School Performance Framework is also included in this letter to assist you in reading the School Performance Framework. Additionally, an online tutorial is available from the Colorado Department of Education.
The district is required to submit Loveland Classical Schools’ unified improvement plan to the Colorado Department of Education on or before April 15, 2013. To meet that deadline, the plan will be developed according to the following timeline:
- District training to review unified improvement plan changes, tools, processes
- TCAP data received
- Meet with teachers, DAC/SAC, parent and other relevant stakeholders to begin data analysis process to revise/update unified improvement plan
- School Performance Frameworks received from CDE
- Preliminary pre-populated templates received from CDE
- Complete data analysis
- Meet with teachers, DAC/SAC, parent and other relevant stakeholders to begin identifying goals for 2013-14, interim measures, and revise action plans
- DAC review of accreditation categories
- Notify parents of students’ enrolled in schools identified for improvement, priority improvement and turnaround plans
- Board of Education accreditation of schools
- Meet with teachers, DAC/SAC, parent and other relevant stakeholders to finalize goals for 2013-14, interim measures, and revise action plans
- DAC/SAC review of progress made on 2011-12 Goals (prior year), improvement strategies, and share goals for 2012-14
- School receives final pre-populated UIP templates
- Public hearing at school site for schools on improvement, priority improvement or turnaround plans.
- Schools submit final unified improvement plan for district review
- DAC review of school unified improvement plans and district unified improvement plan
- District review of school unified improvement plans
- Public hearing by Board of Education regarding school priority improvement or turnaround plans
- Adoption by Board of Education of priority improvement or turnaround plans
- Review of district unified improvement plan by Board of Education
- Priority Improvement and Turnaround Schools and Districts submit unified improvement plan that reflects current and next school year to CDE by January 15th
- Improvement and Performance schools and districts submit UIP that reflects current and next school year to CDE for posting on Schoolview.org by April 15th
Prior to adopting the plan, Loveland Classical Schools will hold a public hearing on November 12, 2012 at 7:00pm, in room 210. For more information, please contact Mr. David Yu, Loveland Classical Schools' Executive Director of Education at (970) 541-1507.
Judy Skupa, Ph.D.
Paul Bankes, Ed.D.
Director of Elementary Education