- The school enrolls students in the highest grades first and progresses to the lower grades.
- LCS pulls entire families. If your oldest student is chosen, any siblings will be offered open spots or will be moved to the sibling waitlist until an opening becomes available. (Note that siblings do receive spots before other students in the general lottery.)
- LCS gives families 48 hours to make a decision and respond to the school regarding their acceptance. The family then receives an Enrollment Packet to be filled out (for each accepted student) and returned to LCS within one week of acceptance.
- You will receive a confirmation email with a notification or completion or any items missing within two weeks of receipt of the family packets.
Parent Process: (Simple as 1, 2, 3!)
Please view our student handbook for additional lottery process details.
- Attend an open house to learn more about Loveland Classical Schools.
- Fill out an Intent to Enroll form.
- Please be sure to indicate the school year you are interested in attending.
- List all siblings interested, including children who are not quite ready for kindergarten and their possible start year.
- If you have children currently at LCS, indicate SWL on your form so your new student can be placed on the sibling waitlist.
- Once your family has been drawn in the lottery and you have accepted, wait for the Enrollment Packet email to arrive. Click on the links in the email and complete the enrollment instructions. Part of the process will include reviewing our Basic Information and Acknowledgement and our Student Handbook.
FAQsIs my student listed in the lottery and / or on the sibling waitlist?
To find out if your youngest or any new students are listed in our lottery database and to ensure they are listed properly, please contact the registrar. We do not give out information about what number a student is listed. (If they are not listed, fill out the Intent to Enroll form.
When is the last date LCS enrolls for the current school year?
LCS does its primary enrollment during the district's open enrollment period, which is typically the end of November 26th to mid-January). However, we do continue to enroll throughout the spring, summer and first semester. We will make enrollment calls monthly as we find out about any upcoming openings.
How can I prepare my child for the upcoming school year?
Knowledge is power. Please come to any monthly open houses, join our Facebook page, and update the school with your contact information as they change. Take a look at our website and read about the Core Knowledge curriculum (Singapore Math and RIGGS English programs), the mission and vision of the school, and the LCS Student Handbook. Also, take a look at the dress code and review what is allowed.
Can I or my child come observe LCS?
Parents and students are always welcome to observe classes. Contact the registrar for information about when classes begin and the student observation procedures. Parents are also welcome to get to know our teachers by volunteering even before their children begin attending.