Help us create an elegant and fun evening while raising funds for our wonderful school! Please join us at our next Benefit Auction meeting held at Loveland Classical Schools. We will discuss where we are at currently, the timeline moving forward, and how you can help by volunteering on one of our many Committees. For current volunteer opportunities, visit our Event Alerts page.
Can't come but want to be involved? Want to sponsor or donate to the event? If you have any questions or are interested in volunteering, please contact Jennifer Thayer. We look forward to meeting you!
Benefit Auction Organization
The Benefit Auction is governed by the Steering Committee, which is comprised of the Benefit Auction Chair, appointees by the Benefit Auction Chair and the Volunteers and Chairpersons of the Committees described below. This Steering Committee is ultimately in charge of the Benefit Auction, and works to ensure communication between Committees. To become a part of the Steering Committee or if you have any issues or concerns, please contact Jennifer Thayer, Benefit Auction Chair.
- Auction Item Procurement and Coordination Committee - This Committee is responsible for not only procuring items to be auctioned for the event, but also adding those items (Item Input Team) into the auction software, organizing the items for the auctions, writing descriptive inserts for the items, displaying the items at the auction, writing thank you's to donors and contributors after the event, and coordinating any post event item or payment wrap-up if needed. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. Acting Chairperson: Danielle McCormick
- Auction Software and Computer Management Volunteer - This Volunteer will be the primary contact and technical support for the various Committees that need to input information into the auction software, including the Auction Item Procurement and Coordination Committee and the Invitations and Programs Committee. The Volunteer is also in charge of the Benefit Auction website. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. Chairperson: Jennifer Thayer
- Classroom Art/Classroom Baskets Committee - This Committee is responsible for working with the art teachers in determining the projects the students will complete to be auctioned at the Benefit Auction. This Committee is also responsible for working with the classroom coordinators to coordinate themes, create a letter to go home to parents explaining the basket and requesting donations, aid in collecting money to purchase items for the baskets (or request donation of items), and assemble the classroom baskets. Once art projects and baskets are determined, the Committee is responsible for tracking completion of each project/basket and turning in descriptions to the Item Input Team. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. Chairperson: Summer Hurd
- Decorations and Setup Committee - This Committee is responsible for the design, creation and installation of any decorating for the event. The Committee Chairperson will have to work closely with the Venue Committee Chairperson to ensure all aspects and any associated costs are tracked and approved. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. Chairperson: Summer Hurd
- Dessert Auction Committee - This Committee is responsible procuring extraordinary desserts to be auctioned off after the dinner at the Benefit Auction. Tasks include coordinating volunteers to assist during the auction to "sell" the desserts, writing tantalizing descriptions of the desserts and turning in to the Item Input Team, creating a dessert slideshow, coordinating dessert transport to the venue, and setting up the desserts at the venue. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. Chairperson: Julie McArthur
- Event and Entertainment Committee - This Committee is responsible for the overall flow and organization of the Benefit Auction event, as well as coordinating all entertainment. Event tasks include the timeline for the event, layout, lighting, microphones, music, creation of the paddle call slideshow, check-in/registration, check-out, coordinating/assigning volunteers, office supply totes for the event and clean-up. Entertainment tasks include coordinating the emcee, the auctioneer, games, paddle call slideshow/film, dessert auction slideshow, Sponsor slideshow, and any other entertainment as required. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. Chairperson: Danielle McCormick
- Faculty and Staff Liaison Volunteer - This person is the primary contact for communication between the faculty and staff, and Benefit Auction Committees and Volunteers. The Volunteer is responsibile for communicating with Mr. Yu as needed, bolstering faculty and staff support of the Benefit Auction, and facilitating communication between the Classroom Art/Classroom Basket Committee Chairperson and the art teachers/Classroom Coordinators. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. Contact: Cathy Ballenski
- Gratitude/Goodwill Ambassador - This person is responsible for promoting Goodwill and Gratitude to donors, sponsors, guests and volunteers. The primary purpose of this position is to have personal interaction and communication with Loveland Classical Schools supporters from both the school and the local community. Tasks include (but are not limited to) making phone calls, writing personal letters, following up with leads and generally striving to make all involved feel welcome, enthusiastic, and supported. Contact: Rebecca Valencia
- Invitations, Programs and Sponsor Relations Committee - This Committee is responsible for the design and layout of both the invitations and the programs for the event, the invitation list, the address labels for mailing, mailing of the invitations, name tags and bid number assignment for each guest, bidder paddles, and RSVP and table assignments. Additionally, this Committee is responsible for Corporate Sponsorships including recruiting of Corporate Sponsors; tracking and fulfillment of Corporate Sponsorship Benefits obligations; acquiring digital logos/ads, banners and guest lists; and creating a Sponsor slideshow for the Benefit Auction. Teacher ticket sponsor and cash donation tracking will also fall under this Committee. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. Chairperson: Juliette Fardulis
- Marketing/Publicity Committee - This Committee is responsible for marketing/publicizing the Benefit Auction. Methods of marketing may include Back-to-School Night, The Fall Craft Bazaar, book fairs, Parent-Teacher conference nights, The Parent Pride newsletter, The Roar newsletter, Facebook updates, advertising at school events and flyers for Monday Folders. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. Chairperson: Mike Bryant
- Secretarial Volunteer - This person is responsible for attending Steering Committee meetings to take notes, publishing the notes for Steering Committee review, and helping to track items that need to be followed up. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. Chairperson: POSITION AVAILABLE
- Venue, Food and Beverage Committee - This Committee is responsible for contract negotiations with the venue (making sure deadlines are on the General Timeline), event menu, event layout, and venue relations. The Chairperson of this Committee will be the primary contact for the venue and is responsible for keeping all aspects of costs within the Benefit Auction budget. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. Chairperson: Danielle McCormick
- Volunteer Coordination Committee - This Committee is responsible for recruiting volunteers to help with various Benefit Auction tasks. These tasks include (but are not limited to) procurement of auction items and sponsorships, basket assembly, mailings, slideshows, and the event itself. At the event, volunteers are needed for tasks such as Set Up/Item Transport, Table Sales, Roving Sales, Runners, Live Auction Spotters, Live Auction Sheet Runner, Table Closers, Dessert Auction Presenters, Data Input, Payment Check Out, Item Check Out, and Clean Up. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. Chairperson: POSITION AVAILABLE