Board Development Team
The board development committee is commissioned by and responsible to the board of directors to assume the primary responsibility for matters pertaining to board of director's recruitment, nominations, orientation, training, and evaluation in accordance with the by-laws of the charter school as well as established policies and practices approved by the board of directors.
Appointments and Composition
- Appointments of the chair and members of the board development committee shall be made annually by the President of the Board with the advice and consent of the Board in accordance with the by-laws.
- The chair of this committee shall be a member of the board of directors.
- Other members of this committee will be comprised of members of the board of directors, a staff liaison, and other volunteers from the school and local community.
- Study the current composition of the board of directors to determine current skills and experience. Identify skills and experience needed on the board.
- Recruit potential board members to be considered to serve as members of the board of directors and develop a slate of directors for consideration by the membership at the annual meeting in accordance with selection/election procedures outlined in the by-laws and relevant elections policy. Review annually the procedures for board recruitment.
- Develop an orientation and training plan for new board members and assist in the planning of the annual board retreat
- Assist in the board’s annual board self-evaluation.
- Annually evaluate its work as a committee and the objectives it has committed itself to and report on same to the board of directors.
- Report to the board of directors at regular meetings of the board in a manner determined by the board.